Posted on

Family History Update 3

Slide Carousel 4 notes: My father labeled the rotary carousel storage box with the general categories Glacier, Jackson, Yellowstone, Sunrises, Sunsets, Aspens and Wildlife. Unfortunately the slides aren’t labeled but most of them are dated which helps when identifying the locations. Here are 3 slides from Glacier Park—

GlacierPark1
Wild Goose Island in St. Mary’s Lake, Glacier National Park, August 1958

GlacierPark2
Common bear grass, a species of Xerophyllum tenax, Glacier National Park. [PictureThis App.] September 1959.
GlacierPark3
Bob and Marilyn exploring Glacier Park, August 1961.

This photo is from somewhere in Canada, August 1961. My Dad loved to fly fish. He would tie his own flies. In the 1950’s and early ’60’s his work took him all over Montana and he would often complete his day by fishing the streams of Montana. A favorite was Spring Creek near Lewistown.

Dad fly-fishing
Dad fly fishing, somewhere in Canada. August, 1961.

And from Jackson Hole in Wyoming—

Grand Teton
Grand Teton, Grand Teton National Park, northwest Wyoming. September 1964.

Carousel 5 notes: My father labeled the box containing Carousel 5 Building Our Home. This would be our home at 2881 Blue Spruce Drive in Salt Lake City, Utah. This is the home I lived in during my High School and University years and  this home, friends I made, life experiences and lessons learned during this time are forever pressed into my memory. I love Salt Lake City. I know that the Salt Lake City of today is different—homeless people, polluted air, a Great Salt Lake that appears to be dying and a legislature that appears to be impotent. But in June 1965, when our house was constructed, Salt Lake City, in my eyes, was perfect. In my later travels when I met folks and we have the small talk going and I get asked “where are you from”? I answer Salt Lake City. But I was only there from 1964 to 1976. But that’s really what I consider to be home.

This carousel has 100 slides documenting the construction of this memorable home.

In the blog posting Family History Project, I had posted a representative sample of the type and quality of photos in Carousel 5. Reference